Georgian Coalition for Child and Youth Welfare is a union of Georgian civil society organizations who work in the field of children and youths. Coalition is based on principles of equality and targets the protection of rights of children and youth and supports development of existing system of child and youth welfare.
The main directions of working of the Coalition
The main activity of the coalition is the advocacy of rights of children and youth on the local and on international level. The Coalition is member of ChildPact – a regional coalition of child protection NGOs from the Wider Black Sea Area. The coalition currently focuses advocacy work to the four thematic directions and the range of activities include:
- Analysis and needs assessment of current system of child and youth welfare;
- Support the improvement of the child and youth welfare system through the advocacy;
- Support adoption of international standards into the local legislation by initiating legislation changes;
- Support the improvement of the mechanisms of child and youth rights protection;
- Support of society’s involvement and awareness rising;
- Monitoring of child and youth rights protection;
- Other activities, related to the goals of the coalition.
- The idea of development of the coalition was introduced at the meeting of Georgian-Romanian civil society initiatives on 23 of February 2012. Final agreement of development of coalition was made on 24 th of February, 2012 by 22 NGOs who founded the Coalition.
- 26-27, March, 2012 – the memorandum of partnership of coalition was developed and signed on 1 st of June, 2012.
- The statutes of coalition was developed on 20-21 September 2012. On the same joint assembly meeting the first chairmen of the Coalition Nodar Topuridze and the executive secretary Ia Dadunashvili were elected.
- 30 September, 2013 – Joint assembly meeting and Annual Coalition elections were held. The new board, the chairmen and the executive secretary were elected.
- In the period of September, 2013 – May, 2014, 18 new members were added to the Coalition.
- 30 September, 2014 – Annual elections of coalition were held and 11 new members were added to the coalition
- 5 June 2015 – 3 New member NGOs joined the GCCYW